Saturday, February 28, 2009

Gettin' clean, and the truth about cats and moisture


Here are some tigres enjoying the bath. This, as anyone with a regular mini-size cat knows, is a rather unlikely scene. For the domestic kitteh, bathtubs are anathema. One time, my buddy Smalls (on your left up there; that's my boy) was skulking about the edge of the tub, and slipped. He made like an eggbeater, hovering above the water while whipping it about with just the tips of his paws. During this time, I became about as horrified as a bathing person can be when faced with a pointy eggbeater. Visions of the Dude and a captive marmot made me nervous....but 'ol Littlekins made his way out without actually succumbing to gravity and being fully moistened. And in the going on ten years we've been pals, I've yet to see him wet. Tigers, rather, seem to be all right with bathtime. I imagine these are discussing stock options...

No comments:

Post a Comment