Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Lardball all a-twitter

This cat is an example of what my brain feels like when I have been looking at twitter; i.e., overstuffed. I recently joined Facebook at the behest of my sister, and am already overwhelmed by the minutiae that can be reported on a second-by-second basis through that website alone. So, twitter, in all its glory, is overkill. I need not know what people are up to at every moment, and frankly, I don't want to know. Yes, I was impressed when I read that lawmakers were twittering about the event during the president's speech to congress a few weeks ago, and I understand the implications of getting news and other forms of info sent to me, but what becomes increasingly clear the more I explore the wild and wooly web is that I feel like it's TOO MUCH INFORMATION. I guess the way to look at these tools is that they give you the power to select exactly what you want to know, instead of just being bombarded by random stuff on webpages. Still. I am going to have to pass on the tweeting. And you kids get off my damn lawn, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment